Louise provides training about neurodiversity for those working with students in higher education and for those working with employees. Workshops involve participation from delegates and discussion of case studies. Typical content includes the following:
The nature of neurodiverse conditions
- What is neurodiversity?
- What is a specific learning difficulty?
- What are dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia, ADHD, and Asperger Syndrome?
- What is co-occurrence?
- Why is it often missed?
- Why is it important to consider this?
Identifying those who may have a neurodiverse condition
- What are the common signs of neurodiverse conditions?
- Using screeners.
- Managing sensitive conversations.
- What diagnostic services are available?
- The pros and cons of different assessment routes.
- Interpreting and using reports for specific learning difficulties/dyslexia.
Supporting those with neurodiverse conditions
- What legislation applies in this area?
- Reasonable adjustments.
- Strategies, support and training.
- How to respond when difficulties persist.